The IGGI Conference
12 - 13 September 2018
Queen Mary University of London
The venue is located in the Mile End Campus of QMUL in East London. All the events are going to be held in the Arts Two building. The campus is 10 minutes far from two tube stations: Mile End (Central / District / Hammersmith & City lines) and Stepney Green (District / Hammersmith & City lines). The building can be accessed from the Arts Quarter and through the East Gate or from the Library Square through the right side of the Queens' Building (look for the iconic clock tower).
London with its 6 airports (Stansted, Heathrow, Gatwick, City Airport, Luton, Southend) can be easily reached via airplane. From each airport there are several ways of getting to the venue:
- Heathrow: by taxi, by bus, by train with the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station and with the tube Hammersmith & City line to Stepney Green, by tube taking the Piccadilly line to Gloucester Road Station and then the District line to Stepney Green.
- Stansted: by taxi, by bus to Mile End Station, by train to Liverpool Street Station and then Hammersmith & City line to Stepney Green.
- Gatwick: by taxi, by bus to Victoria Coach Station and then via tube on the District line to Stepney Green, by train on the Thameslink to Farringdon and then Hammersmith & City line to Stepney Green.
- City Airport: by train from the Luton Airport Parkway Rail Station to the St Pancras International and then via tube on the Hammersmith & City line to Stepney Green.
- Luton: by taxi, by tube taking the DLR to West Ham and then the District line to Stepney Green.
- Southend: by taxi, by train to Liverpool Street Station and then Hammersmith & City line to Stepney Green.
The National Rail network links many British cities to the many train terminals in London. Most stations have a close by tube station. You can look for your connection to the venue (Mile End and Stepney Green) on the tube map here. Furthermore Eurostar trains connect continental Europe with the UK in particular their trains reach the St. Pancras International Station.